So I had a crazy idea the other night: I should run a half-marathon. So what if I’m only running five miles now? And so what if I’m still sloooooow? I met a marathon runner the other day who told me that if I can run 6 miles, I can run 13. And that is good enough for me.
So I started looking for half-marathons in the springtime, ideally someplace really awesome. Here are a couple options I found in April and May (I refuse to run a race in March when it’s still winter in my book).
1. Divas Half Marathon, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, April 28, 2013: In short, a bunch of women run 13.1 miles in pink clothing and tutus, which is not really my thing, but the race course looks incredible.
2. Gulf Coast Half Marathon, Pensacola Beach, Florida, April 7, 2013: What can I say? I’m a sucker for the water.
3. Escape to the Palisades Half Marathon, Fort Lee, New Jersey, May 5, 2013: This race is a little hilly for my taste (I prefer my races flat as a pancake), but it’s is an easy location to get to and the view of the New York skyline and George Washington Bridge is probably beautiful.
4. Key Biscayne Half Marathon, Key Biscayne, Florida, April 14, 2013: Running over islands. Awesome.
5. Flying Pirate Half Marathon, Outer Banks, North Carolina, April 14, 2013: This race runs along the water and past the Wright Brothers memorial.