Okay, so winter doesn’t officially start until December 21st, but in my mind, winter starts on December first and ends as soon as February slips into March. I should add one important thing: I hate winter. Ooops, I mean, I HATE winter. I’m dreading the next three months. I long for sun, long summer days, running outside, hiking, etc. But I’m still looking forward to somethings. Even winter’s impending doom can’t take that away from me.
1. Trip to Paris and Brussels with The Boyfriend: I booked The Boyfriend and I on business class seats to Paris and Brussels over Christmas and New Years, two new countries for the both of us. This will be our first extended vacation since our Christmas trip to London last year. Huzzah.
2. Lufthansa Lounge: Yeah, I’m a lame, points-obsessed traveler, but Lufthansa recently renovated its business class lounge at JFK airport and I’m excited to check it out.
3. Movies: The Hobbit for The Boyfriend and This is 40 for me. Confession: I have a minor crush on Paul Rudd.
4. Platinum Status: Did I mention I’m obsessed with points? The Boyfriend will achieve platinum status with Starwood Hotels this week due to his extensive work travels. Another huzzah.
5. Holiday Parties Galore: Friends, food, festiveness, enough said.
6. Last Credit Card Churn of the Year: I will be up for a final credit card churn for 2012. For those of you who have no idea what that means, it’s when I apply for a couple of credit cards with huge sign up bonuses to replenish my miles stash.
What are you looking forward to?