With 2013 coming to a close, it’s that time of year again… to look back and reflect on my travels for the year. And without further ado…
- 5: Number of free Amtrak trips I received
- 5: New countries visited (South Korea, Cambodia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau – one more than last year). I count Hong Kong and Macau separate from China because they are fairly independent provinces from China.
- 6: New states visited: Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado (four more than last year)
- 6: Credit card applications (same as last year)
- 19: Number of states visited (counting DC)
- 10: Countries visited (counting the U.S.)
- 12,000: Number of Amtrak points redeemed
- 15,469: Number of Amtrak points earned (only 19 points more than I earned last year)
- 41: Number of Amtrak trips I have taken (four less than I took last year)
- 45: Number of flights
- 57,566: Number of miles flown (37,718 miles more than last year)
- 445,500: The number of miles/points I’ve redeemed this year: Two business class seats to Siem Reap, Cambodia; two economy seats from Bangkok to Thailand; two business class seats from Hong Kong to New York, three hotel nights in Siem Reap an five hotel nights in Hong Kong. This is actually less than last year.